Leading research and consultancy with Moseley Community Development Trust to build a business case and options for a new renovation project of the Old Post Office building leading to the development of The Moseley Exchange, a co-working space to meet, work, and set new projects in motion.
I worked with DCA Consultants to carry out work to make a business case for the work.
- Comparator analysis – scoping the options for the development of the building and its potential use.
- Co-working space – in the mid-00s, this was a fairly new concept; building global examples of third-space approaches; financial modelling/operations
- Research – conducting primary research with existing building users and the local community to gauge its potential development. More information here.
- Events – hosting local events with the client to build interest in the development.
- Investment framework: Building the investment case leading to the appointment to ensure the capital works could take place.
- Moseley Exchange: building works carried out in 2008/2009 leading to one of the most popular co-working spaces in Birmingham. Moseley Exchange website Photos of redevelopment