- This event has passed.
Code Club: Worcester Meetup
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 @ 5:30 am - 8:00 pmFree
We’re delighted the event is being sponsored and hosted by PCA Predict who have been big supporters of Code Club over the past few years.
Primary schools all over Worcestershire and the region more widely are seeking volunteers to run after-school Code Clubs for their students and help their teachers deliver the new Computing curriculum.
What is Code Club?
Code Club is a nationwide network of volunteer-led after-school coding clubs for children aged 9-11
We create projects for our volunteers to teach at after school coding clubs or at non school venues such as libraries. The projects we make teach children how to program by showing them how to make computer games, animations and websites. Our volunteers go to their local club for an hour a week and teach one project a week. Many of the projects use Scratch.
At the event:
- find out what’s involved in starting a Code Club
- get an overview of the training offered to volunteers
- hear about the fantastic things that our volunteers have been up to in Worcester and the surrounding area
- receive help to match potential volunteers with schools looking to establish a code club
- answer any questions that you may have about starting and running a club.
- find out more about our new Teaching Service.
Calling current volunteers >> lightning talks
We’re inviting current volunteers to give a brief two minute talk to share their experiences of running a Code Club
I look forward to meeting you!
What are my transport options getting to the event?
There is plentiful parking in and around PCA Predict’s offices and numerous local buses run nearby. Please exercise caution when entering the car park as work vehicles will be leaving too.
The venue is a 20 min walk from Worcester Foregate St railway station.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Share the action:
- Tim Wilson
- View Organizer Website
- PCA Predict
Waterside, Basin Road
Worcester, WR5 3DA United Kingdom + Google Map